Jan 10, 2010

recently..


Holidays are now over and I should go back to loving greens. I had been eating a lot because of the holidays. I gained a lot of weight again urgh. Too much parties, eating, and that christmas holiday season drinks from sbucks. Tho most people dont like Toffee nut Latte, idc, is still my all time favorite. The barista told me last night that the christmas promo was extended. I thought the concern is just all about the stickers and I got my planner already so I didn't pay much attention to her. After we got our orders I just then realized that Toffee nut is still available, but its too late, crap. Okay so back to what's-up-with-me-lately, yes, i am working now. I think its kind of a part time job only but still worth calling a job and im loving it. Much thanks to Dianne who introduced rare job to me. I can't think of myself waiting for June to come doing nothing. I have to work to break the monotony of my life :)). I have to have something to look forward too everyday. I have to be busy. I tried to get a call center job and during the contract signing i backed out because they do have a shit called bond. I need to work with them for a certain time or if not ill be paying them 20k. Is it what you call a job? I don't think so. I consulted my Mom and she told me not to pursue it any more because I know my self that I will resign the moment i get tired and hey there's medschool waiting for me too. The same day (the contract signing day), Rare job called me, had a phone interview and scheduled me for a mock lesson. After 2 days i got in. And now, I'm an English teacher and loving my work so much. Who wouldn't love this kind of work? We are paid hourly,  its an on-line home-based work so all i need is my laptop and the internet, time of work is also flexible so we set our own schedule, no travel and clothing expenses, and NO tax. You can earn as much as what you can have as a call center agent but the difference is less hours of work and you talk with kind people, no shouting and irate customers hahaha. I dont want to work just to be scolded. Im having a fun time with my work now, its addictive. Everyday i always look forward to teach and talk with them (not to mention i have a favourite student lol). It feels good also to have loyal students. I got 26 bookmarks too in my first 13 days, no cancellation ratio, good evaluation score, and zero dissatisfaction percentage :).


What about the Christmas and New Year's Day celebration? Deb and I are the "punong abala" for the christmas eve dinner preparation. we did not let daddy get busy with food stuff because he's leaving immediately after noche buena. He has a flight going to Doha at 6am so we he have to leave the house off to naia at 2:30am. I was happy that Daddy was able to spend christmas with us and with mom and joy too. It was still morning of Christmas day when he arrived in Doha, thanks for the 5 hours time difference. Same goes with New Year's eve dinner. We cooked a lot of foods too. Of course our fruit salad tradition is always there. Here are some pictures: Christmas 2009 and New year.

We had an elementary reunion last Dec 27 at Pier One tomas morato. Thanks JV and Anne for the pictures. Fun fun fun. But i think we still did not have enough time. I wasn't able to talk much with some people. I wish to see them again, esp my school service mates!

Haha, and also, I bought a book last jan2, the title is "How to Be Single"! It's written by Liz Tuccillo :). Yesterday the book I bought from ebay was delivered here too. He's not just that into you is the title.Yes i think ive become a fan of her and greg behrendt. Liz is a writer and consultant of Sex and the City ;).  What i like most about them is that they're very straightforward. You're like being slapped on the face, haha and sometimes tough love is good, right? -- :).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home